Posted 12/04/12 12:06 am by Greg
Based on recent feedback received, I've decided to write a new draft of BC9. Here is a list of the major edits:
1) Updated chapter one to provide better context regarding the solar war, better introduce Brooke, and build the story better in general. Also added more realism to the space dogfights and explained by Brooke is such a skilled pilot.
2) Added a new second chapter that introduces Marie sooner, provides background on the solar war, and shows the reader how the U.N. plans to alleviate society's problems.
3) Altered Marie's personality. Marie is no longer bubbly and flaky. While still far more upbeat than Brooke, Marie is now an unflappable journalist known for her quick wit and determination.
4) Updated the remaining intro chapters (through Brooke's escape from the water plant) to happen a little bit differently
5) The technology gap between Earth forces and the extrasolar threat is now much wider while extrasolar threat has far fewer numbers.
6) Other edits to support the above changes throughout the story.
I hope to complete these edits by early January. For now, draft 3 remains accessible to members.
to the author's mailing list to read the first three books of the Beyond Saga for FREE.
Beyond Cloud Nine
Beyond the Horizon
With the Earth conquered, Admiral Maya Davis must travel through space, time, and alternate universes to prevent mankind from being wiped out of existence.
Lyana, an orphaned martial artist with bio-augmented abilities,
embarks on a quest to liberate her home world and prevent the fabric of the universe from unraveling.
Bears in Space
Roz and his goofball crew must save the galaxy from cliche alien invasions, trite zombie apocalypses, and bad rom-coms.
Ryssa Nilsson must avoid the deadly stings of heat-loving bugs known as
thermophiles and escape Mars before the Sun's expansion
sterilizes the planet.